Friday, May 10, 2013

Family Vacation-- Carnival Cruise April 28- May 4, 2013

 Oh how I love Caribbean Cruising!! Let me count the ways...endless buffets, room service, stateroom cleaning twice a day, no driving from one place to the next (hense no getting lost!), entertainment, people watching, beautiful weather... I could go on and on.
 
This was my 11th cruise! Can you believe it. Tom and I used to cruise twice a year until we bought a house and had kids. This was our first vacation in two years, so it was definitely needed!
We went on a 6 night cruise on the Carnival Freedom. We stopped at Key West, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios, Jamaica. We brought along Grandma Dinah to help us with the kids.
 
Even though I was still getting over a cold (that has been a month now) we had a good time. Alot of relaxing in the room, swimming in the pool and eatting. We went to one dance show which was really good and Tom and I got to go to a welcome back party, since we are Gold Members. Ha! In Key West we walked around for a bit, in Grand Cayman we got a taxi and went to the turtle farm and then went to see the town of Hell and then went to the beach for a bit, in Jamaica we just walked around to a few stores. Jamaica has gotten pretty bad since the last time we were there. The main shopping center has pretty much closed down, plus the port was pretty dead. Not good.
 
I'm already dreaming about my next Carnival Cruise! I want to go on the Carnival Breeze!
I only need 29 more sailing days to reach Platinum level and then I get the benefits of free laundry service, a free gift and other stuff. It will probably be many years before I get to that level though.
 












No comments: