Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Publix trips 4/15 and 4/17 and Winn Dixie 4/15

You would think with all the shopping that I do that I would have food coming out of my ears and overflowing in my house but this in not the case. The pantry items are stocked but its the fresh foods and fridge items that get used everyday that I have to continuously purchase. These items includes milk, veggies, fruit, eggs, bread and yogurt. Of course most of these items do not have coupons to help lower the cost. Usually I will have to work up a deal buying other items to bring the cost of these items down, which I have done with purchasing the Splenda and Smart Balance butter.  These items were both money makers. 

 
On the trip above at Publix I spent $4.59 and saved $62.63.  In this trip the sunlight, mullers yogurt, splenda, smithfield ham, and smart balance butter were all money makers. They helped lower the cost of my veggies, fruit, pickles, and milk.

 
At Winn Dixie I spent $2.90 and saved $75.20.
I have been saving my Enfagrow coupons for a bogo sale on the milk which just so happened to come around this week. So that's how I got this stuff soo cheap!! I also had 2 $7 manufacturer checks to use on them as well. Winn Dixie also gives you double gas perks on baby items so I earned .30 in fuel perks, which if I use all 20 gallons will come up to $6.00 bucks in savings on gas. So essentially this trip was a money maker! My car unfortunately only takes around 12 gallons so basically I will only save $3.60 on gas. Still a great deal!

 
On this Publix trip I did two transactions. I spent a total of $5.04 and saved $80.13. I also got a 1/2 gallon of orange juice which I forgot to take a picture of. Not a bad deal for all of this stuff! I mean considering I got yogurt, milk, bread, juice, eggs, bagels, and asparagus I did pretty awesome!
 
 
On another note, we have been battling a cold for over a week now. Its just lingering!!! I don't know why I have gotten so sick so many times lately but for some reason we just keep catching something.
 
I have one week to prep and get ready for Hannah's 3rd birthday and to get ready for our 6 night Carnival cruise, which I am soo excited about! We haven't been on a cruise since our honeymoon 2 years ago and I am itching for a nice vacation. I love cruising!! It's one of my favorite things to do. Tom and I used to go all the time, we have gone on over 10 cruises but since we had kids and bought a house, well 2 houses vacations kind of went on the back burner. Hopefully we can get back to going at least once a year.  

1 comment:

Cheryl Jowers said...

Are you cruising alone or with kids? Have a super awesome time either way! You are so right about food, I never have enough in the fridge to keep everyone happy. Kids and men eat a ton! lol!