Friday, March 1, 2013

Publix Poise deal totals.

We all know about the great Poise overage items at Publix the last three weeks. Priced at $3.49 and having a $3.00 manufacturers and $3.00 store coupon to stack, thats a $2.51 money maker per each item purchased! Say what!!

As soon as I found out about this sale I knew shelves would be cleared but I was determined to get some of these items. I purchased a bunch of coupons from eBay and from a reliable clipper site I use and kept them in my coupon envelope in my purse.

On the first day of the sale I went to Publix bright and early only to find a lady who cleared the shelf, this at 7:02 in the morning. Frustrated, I drove to the next store and waited 30 minutes for it to open only to not even find a spot for them on the shelf. So I placed an order with the store for a few of two different products of them. Then I went back to the first Publix I went to and found 2 on the shelf, I'm thinking the shelf clearer put some back?? Anyways I grabbed those 2 and used the $5 bucks in overage on some gerber baby snacks. Then I also placed an order with this store. I figured between the two stores I would get at least one order.

Each time I went shopping I would check the shelves, most of the time they were empty. One lucky time I found 12 items! So I got those and used the overage on other stuff. Then last week one of the stores called to say that they got one of the products in, yippee! So I picked up the 12 they had for me at customer service and did some shopping. I also lucked out and found 8 of a different Poise product on the shelf so I got those two. Then on the second to last day before the store coupon expired I went back to that store again to see if they had restocked the shelves, sadly I only found 1 item. So I finished my shopping and on a whim I asked customer service about the other product I ordered, they surprisingly just got it in the day before and had it for me, so I got 10 more. They even had more for me but unluckily for me I ran out of dang coupons, something I did not think would happen.

In all I purchased 45 Poise products for over $114.50 in overage used on other products. Considering I spent around $10 bucks for the coupons I would say this was a huge success!!

I'm a little mad I didn't order more coupons, but at least I used all the ones I had. I mean i never thought i found find 45 of them. This by far in my 3 years of couponing is my best money maker item ever!

Oh and today I was at the Publix who never filled my order and never called me and I saw a manager walking with two boxes of Poise and an order slip...so now I'm wondering if that was my order. But why would they have not called me at all in the three weeks time? I would have said something but since I had no coupons left I wasn't going to purchase them so there was no point.

The other good thing about this is that I now have a Publix where I know I can special order products! Yippee!


No comments: