Friday, May 18, 2012

Tomorrow officially I will be a Stay At Home Mom!

I can't believe that today is my last day of work as a 9 to 5'er and tomorrow I will officially be a Stay At Home Mom (SAHM). I am excited and nervous at the same time. Excited to be at home with my children and to witness every moment of their childhood, excited to see Hailey's first milestones, excited to help Hannah expand her vocabulary, excited to be able to get stuff done around the house, excited to start new projects, and excited to just have no schedule and make my own day.  I am also excited to be able to wake up without an alarm clock . I'm already used to getting up in the middle of the night so that I'm not worried about.

On the other hand I am nervous about not having a job, nervous about having enough income to support our family, nevous about not getting any "alone" time, and maybe a little nervous about being overwhelmed with watching the little ones all day. Either way tomorrow starts a new day and a new chapter for me.

I do have many things that I want to accomplish while being a stay at home mom in addition to trying to raise my daughters to be perfect little angels :-)

Here are some of my tentative goals: (no specific timeframe to complete but I just want to get them done)

1. I want to redo and finish my childhood dollhouse so the girls can have it and play with it.
2. I want to finish the 10+ quilt projects that I have started.
3. I want to finally have my house organized.
4. I want to find a way to bring in some type of income, I am contemplating on starting up a coupon blog.
5. I want to keep up with my couponing to make my grocery bill as low as possible, so that I can have some extra spending money to buy stuff that I want...I do have a Coach purse addiction you know!
6. I want to get Hannah potty trained.
7. I want to get Hannah sleeping in her own bed.
8. I want to clean out the garage.

I am planning on taking each day as it comes.

I think for my first week I will work on cleaning and organizing the house and trying to get a schedule established with the girls. I want Hannah to have play time and learning time and time to herself without TV so I am going to work on those things next week. I am also going to try to stay out of the stores and just have one day to go grocery shopping. Because the less I go out the less money I will spend and lately I have been spending alot.  I know I have enough food in the house for probably 2 weeks so I'm going to eat what I have and just buy the necessities like milk and eggs.

Well wish me luck on my first days as an official SAHM. I will let you know how it goes.

No comments: