Monday, January 18, 2010

Play blanket/quilt for Hannah




I started this scrappy blanket/quilt probably over a year ago, I didn't know who I was making it for but now I do, my little girl. I finished it yesterday and I love how it turned out. I wasn't so sure when I was cutting all the corners to make it scrappy, but it came out of the dryer perfect!! Yes I know my squares don't match up but when I started it I wasn't going for perfect corners, and I think it still looks good.
To make this type of quilt you cut out all of your squares, front and back and sandwich them with the batting, then you quilt it before you even sew the squares together. The only thing that bugs me about it is that I didn't want any of the same color touching eachother, but I ran out of fabric of the different prints so there are a few spots where the same colors connect. Oh well. I didn't realize when I was making it that I should have done the same color for each block front and back, but I kept switching it up which makes it difficult to have both the front and back not having any colors connecting. For a play blanket to lay on the floor with I guess it doesn't matter.

2 comments:

Jowers Inc. said...

I like the randomness of it. The small flecks of blue make it very peaceful and not so 100% girly. I just see her now, about 6 months old, laying on her tummy playing with the threads and her tiny little fingers trying to grab them. She will love it!

Patricia said...

thanks!!