Saturday, January 9, 2010

Finally a sewing project... Fabric Bowls




I made a few of these for Christmas presents this year, these were the only two that I happened to take a picture of. This is a fun craft project. Each bowl is different depending on which fabric you choose and how big you make your bowl. I did make a big one that took almost 50 feet of clothesline, came out pretty big.
All you need is: fabric and clothesline. You cut your fabric into strips around 3/4 of an inch wide then wrap the fabric around the clothesline. The hardest part is getting the base of the bowl started but once you do you just keep going. I know you can find tutorials on how to do this online.
Hope you try to make one!

P.S. These two bowls are for Kelly

4 comments:

Kelly said...

by Kelly, I hope you mean me! I still haven't made any. You have to show me how!

James29621 said...

OMG-I love these!!! You should call up the flagship Anthropologie in Philly and start designing for them!!! And I hate to ask, but do you make them to sell? I have the perfect spot for a pair! And how amazing is your sonogram?! I saw it and cried! It reminds me of my nieces!!!

xoxo
matthew!

Patricia said...

If you beg me I can make you one Matthew!! ha.
Oh and thats soo sweet about the sonogram, those pictures are pretty amazing, they make everything so real.

James29621 said...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE???!!!

I imagine they do! I remember going baby shopping with my mom and it was SO exciting!!!