Monday, July 6, 2009

More weekend sewing projects


Here is the second bag that I made over the weekend. I had already sewed the patchwork pieces together a few weeks ago so that's why I was able to get this done. The patchwork is quilted with batting and the inside lining has interfacing on it to make the bag sturdy. I modified the handle from the Birdie Sling pattern to create this handle. This is a great bag for the beach or just for stuffing lots of stuff in.
I entered this bag in the Amy Butler sewing contest. Wish me luck!


This is a patchwork pillowcase that I made on Sunday. I love love love this!!! I used Heather Ross's Mendocino fabric that I have been saving for a while. I pieced the fabric together in random order and then quilted it. I added a lining on the inside. I think I might make another one of these.

2 comments:

Jowers Inc. said...

OMG--- I LOVE the pillow! I love the fabric, and I love when "artist" quilt on brickwork, it is so beautiful!

Patricia said...

thank you!