Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fourth of July Weekend

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Fourth of July. Sorry I didn't bother to call anyone. I was kind of in a bad mood and didn't really feel like talking. Maybe there is a full moon out there? I dunno. Anyways,
Friday night we went out to Anna Maria Island for a party at the Beachhouse Restaurant. We got to enjoy some yummy free food and beverages and then watch fireworks on the beach. It was a nice time.
On Saturday (the fourth) we went out to Josh's house on Siesta Key and had a cookout. We had some delicious steak and brauts and then we walked over to the beach. Jason, Laura, Josh and Tom went swimming in the water, for which seemed like forever, while I just hungout on the beach looking at all the crazy people. Have you been out to the beach lately? Man there were some weirdos out there. Then the fireworks started and we headed back to Josh's house. After the fireworks ended we tried to leave Siesta Key, but the traffic was backed up for miles and miles, so we waited for almost 3 hours. Finally the traffic was gone so we went home.
Today, I went grocery shopping and did some sewing. Now I'm just watching tv and relaxing. Sometimes I like the days where I do absolutely nothing the most. I like not having any place to be except home. I am not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow. Blah!

2 comments:

shanna said...

Sounds like a great weekend.

Jowers Inc. said...

I get those same feelings, unfortunately, once you have kids .... there is no such thing as a lazy day, you must always be at their disposal! Happy belated 4th!