Thursday, July 2, 2009

Finally a sewing project...


I have had this idea for a while now. I have wanted to shrink down Amy Butler's Birdie Sling bag. So today I went to Kinko's and had them shrink down the pattern by 25%.
After making the bag tonight, to me it looks like the bag is much smaller then only being reduced by 25%. I was a little worried after I finished the bag that it would be too small, but luckily its perfect.
A perfect purse size that fits under my arms and holds all of my stuff. The only thing is that I wish that the opening would be a little bit wider.
Maybe I should have shrunk the pattern down by only 20%, I don't know. I didn't think that it would turn out this small. Maybe the lady at Kinko's messed up?
Still came out nice though, and finally I did some sewing!! Yeah to that.

See how small it is compared to the original Birdie bag, weird. It just seems soo much smaller then 25% reduced....

4 comments:

Jowers Inc. said...

That is small. I made my Mom a smaller version too! Mainly because she is so small! I did not downsize the whole thing though, just the length of the handle, and the length of the base (do this by folding your cut pattern in half, then back out on one side completely and on the other side make a crease at least 1/2" and up to 5 or 6"). Pattern shortening is a trick used mostly in clothing patters, but can be used here too!

Debbie said...

what the heck?? How can you finish that bag and I haven't even finished one yet. I think I will leave all the sewing up to you. It looks really cute, does it have pockets inside?

Little Love Things said...

thats a good idea Cheryl. I will have to try that next time. cause yeah this bag is small, and yes mom I added two pockets on the inside.

Diane said...

I like the material, but it needs more pockets. never have enough