Tuesday, February 17, 2009

More Sewing Projects


Ok I promise that I am done with sewing for a while. I just couldn't help myself. I got an email this morning that my quilt shop was having a sale on Amy Butler, only $6.75 a yard. So I went on my lunch break and bought some half yards. I wasn't going to make anything but I just loved this bright blue pattern and I had to make another Swing Bag. This is by far my favorite bag yet!! I just love the bright blues. I still love my green one that I made this weekend too, but that one I made bigger so its like too big for a purse. I'm thinking a good travel bag or a beach bag? Total cost to make this bag was $15 bucks for the fabric and lining. This bag took a total of 2 and 1/2 hours. I started at like 5:30 or so after I had dinner and then I was done when American Idol started.

This is a pin cushion that I made with my scraps from my other bag. I made this this weekend.

These are some gadget cases that I made this weekend. I got the idea from the Sew Mama Sew blog. I made one for my Zune, my camera, and for my rotary cutter. I tihnk that I need to learn how to put on snaps because I think that these would be much better with snaps. Plus I want a snap on my purse too.


I think that I have run out of ideas of what to make....

5 comments:

Diane said...

like the bag.

Gabby said...

hmm..here are some ideas.
sun dresses, bathing suits (just gotta get the right kind of fabric), curtains, table cloths, dog clothes for oscar, or clothes.

Patricia said...

I like dog clothes for Oscar. Ha!

Jowers Inc. said...

I also love the blue--- my all time favorite color. I have decided green is my new fav, like chartreuse and olives and what not, but they are hard to find-- seems pinks and blues and browns are in. I agree with gabby-- sew yourself a shirt-- at least one, you'll find it is amazing to wear a shirt that actually fits you only. Not including the fact that there is NO TAG!

Little Love Things said...

yeah I will have to try to make some clothing. seems complicated though.