Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Since I haven't shown you.




Here is my Blooming 9 Patch quilt top all sewn together. This bad boy is huge!! Queen size for sure. I used all Amy Butler fabrics and I think that the pictures again just don't do this quilt justice. You can't tell by the pictures, but there is another color around the borders. There are 8 different prints in this quilt. It's beautiful. I will get this quilted this year and I hope to find a wall to display it on and just gaze at it all day.

3 comments:

Diane said...

looks good

Jowers Inc. said...

Your quilt is AMAZING! Your fabric changes really paid off. I am going to try my hand at a little quilting, I am going to try some place mats. Do you have any on-line references you could share for that? Or do you think I should take a class to learn some basics? Your work is great!

Patricia said...

you could easily try it yourself without any quilt classes. The most important things that I have learned is to use rotary cutter so that all your cuts are the same, make sure to use the same seam allowance when you sew, then press your seams so that the fabric lays flat. You can pretty much make up your own patterns.
Alot of the blogs that I have listed on my blog have tutorials that can help you.
Let me know if you need help with something specific. I would just go for it!! It's fun.