Monday, January 5, 2009

Poor Oscar


As many of you may know my dearly beloved weiner dog Oscar somehow hurt his back. He started out with just a cry when I picked him up, then he was ok for a few days, and then he got horribly worse and couldn't even walk. I had to rush him to the ER vet. They gave him a pain pill, steroids, and a muscle relaxer. They also told me to confine him to a crate for 3 weeks straight. This isn't an easy task, since I have never had my dog in a crate, ever! I think its more stressful on me to see his sad face wondering what he did and why I am torchering him. I know its for the best because I want him to get better and not get worse. After 3 days he is doing ok. I can tell that he isn't in pain anymore and that he is ready to get back to normal....normal is going to have to wait another 2 1/2 weeks for him.
I am taking him to the normal vet tomorrow for a follow-up visit, so hopefully they will have some good news for me. I would just die is something happened to him. He is only going to be 7 years old.
Anyways, I had to take a picture of him sleeping in the crate. He is actually becoming used to it and relaxing in it more. He is just soo cute!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

POOR OSCAR!

Diane said...

he is better off in the crate. We had an incident yesterday. As you know we have 2 dogs, one is very calm and the other is a wild man when left alone. Yesterday he got out of his crate and locked himself in my bathroom. He pulled one of the drawers out and it got stuck in front of the door, needless to say Becky could not open the door You want to be embrassed, we had to call maintenance to get him out. Now there is a key lock on the carate so he can't get out

Debbie said...

Oh my gosh, my poor baby is in a crate. LET HIM OUT NOW!!!! Don't worry Oscar, Grandma will come save you. Hope he feels better real soon. He's such a good boy. I love you Oscar.
And Diane that is the funniest thing. Should of stayed with one dog.

Jowers Inc. said...

Oh poor baby---dachshunds have very fragile backs you know, they can get hurt jumping on the couch and what not. Poor guy. Keep him in the crate and let him heal so he can live a LONG and HAPPY life!