Tuesday, January 20, 2009

CHANGE HAS COME TO AMERICA!!


OBAMA IS PRESIDENT!!

Today is such a historical day for America and for the World. I watched pretty much all of the inauguration ceremonies. It was so moving and inspiring and it just overwhelmed me with emotion. Knowing that the world is changing and that we have such an inspiring person now leading our country. It was also moving to see all of the people who came to D.C. to witness the new President take office in person. The hope in their eyes just told their stories... how we have been through so much, how we have come so far, and how we have so much farther to go. I hope that within the forecoming years with Obama as President we can grow together as a country and as a world. I am eager to see the changes that will occur throughout my lifetime. History is now being made every single day.
It's glorious and exciting and inspiring!!

8 comments:

littlebluecottage said...

It was an amazing day!!!

Diane said...

lets hope changes happen. we need them.

magikquilter said...

we stayed up all night here in sydney to watch...and we cried for all of you. Am so pleaseed to find a blog saying something positive....even now so many of the Christian crafting bloggers I know are still upset....do they not see a genuine person when they see one?

Patricia said...

It makes me happy that there are peole in other countries who care about us and are excited and happy for us. I do feel bad for those who are against Obama. Maybe one day they will see all of the good that this is doing for our country.

Jowers Inc. said...

I did too Patricia, had chil bumps and a few tears too! I almost kept Kaighty home from school so she could watch it with me. How happy I was when I picked her up and heard she got to watch the whole thing! They also had Obama on the front of her "Weekly Reader", how wonderful is that. We made flag cookies and celebrated at diner! No one in my community is happy, oh well, he is what we need! I am for CHANGE!

Gabby said...

you're awesome.

Debbie said...

Between Bill coming home and seeing all those pictures of Heather and him and watching the inaugration on my laptop, I was a blubbering fool all day. My poor customers :-) It was exciting to watch. And then to watch them dance their first dance, I cried again. What a wonderful song they danced too.
mom

Little Love Things said...

I know I was tearing up from Heather's pictures too!! And their dance was amazing... I was tearing up again too.
It was just an emotional day for sure!