Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Handmade Placemat and an Ornament Idea

So my wonderful grandmother got me a walking foot for my sewing machine, so now I can quilt. Yeah to that! I had to test it out right away so I made a placemat which I think kind of looks Christmasy so I'm using it as a Christmas decoration. I used Heather Bailey's Pop Garden fabric that I had. I think I will be making more of these tonight along with some coasters.



Everyone knows just how much I love Starbucks!! They have the cutest giftcards out right now for the holidays, so I managed to swip a few and I punched holes in them and made them into ornaments. They are just too cute.
OH and has anyone seen the Starbucks Christmas decorations yet? They have wreaths made out of yarn balls. So cute. I will try to take pics of those and post them. Gives me an idea to make my own yarn ball wreath.

No comments: