Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My new toy




So I got a lovely new toy over the weekend, a Singer 7442 sewing machine. I love it although I wonder why it took me so long to realize that a sewing machine would be a good thing to have for my craft collection. So far I have made a few pillowcases, a pot holder, a pillow and a tote bag. I'm waiting for some fabric to arrive in the mail and then I'm going to try to make a quilted tote bag.
We shall see how that goes. I'm not one to use patterns but eventually I will try one.

2 comments:

Diane said...

glad you like your new toy. I haven't had much ambition to use my at the moment but once I am settled in my new place I need to start making some pants. All the ones I have are rather old Patterns are easy to use once you read all the instructions. Now it looks like more handmade Xmas gifts. I could use some potholders. Mind are rather shabby from all the use

Gabby said...

did you put that special stuff inside the potholders?? you can't just use plain old fabric.

anywho, those are all great for your first trys at sewing ;]