Monday, January 28, 2008

Monday Night Dinner

I was craving a homemade ham and cheese sandwich today. It reminded me of how I used to go to my parent's house and make them. My mom used to always have cold cuts in the fridge and having a ham and cheese sandwich was just soo yummy and satisfying. I must say that today I am reminded of how I miss having my family around, and how I miss being able to go to my parents house and raid their fridge of all their yummy leftovers and snacks.
So I went to the store after work and got stuff for my sandwich and I decided to make a mushroom and pea risotto to go with it. Turned out very nice although still not as good as the one at Mom and Dad's.
Miss you!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

ACK! that does not look like a good combination at all!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Kelly. The risotta no but the sadwich looks good.

Aunt Diane

Kelly said...

I know, risotto with a pickle..only patricia

mom said...

you girls know how to make your mama cry, don't ya!